Ok, you’re hoping your business is elegible for this one. So let’s dive right in:
The LSRG is the Local Restrictions Support Grant. It goes to businesses that were open as usual before the local restrictions happened, then had to close because of the tier system.
Eligible businesses are entitled to a cash grant from their local council for each 14 day period they were closed. The deadline to claim is the 31st March!
You can apply for a grant if your business is either:
- in an area of local Tier 2 or Tier 3 restrictions and has been required to close because of local restrictions that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 9 September
- in an area of local Tier 4 restrictions and has been required to close because of local restrictions that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 19 December
This is as long as your business is based in England, has a physical location where it pays business rates and had to close for at least 14 days.
Businesses excluded from the fund
Sorry, but it doesn’t work if:
- you don’t depend on face to face services like….. accountants for example!
- you have chosen to close, but have not been “required” to close
- your businesses has been subject to national closures since 23 March 2020, such as nightclubs (there’s other grants for these)
- your business is in administration, insolvent, subject to a striking-off notice or has been struck off the Companies House register
- you have exceeded the permitted subsidy limit
As always, you’ll need to check out full details for this.
Northants council page is here: https://www.northampton.gov.uk/grantsandadvice
Talk to us at Kilby Fox here: Contact Kilby Fox – Local Accountants Northamptonshire